India is known in the whole world for its numerous qualities, one of them being the finger-licking food the Indian chefs offer. The vibes of an Indian kitchen, the aroma of Indian condiments, the savour of Indian spices and the love of Indian chef found in Indian dishes is irresistible for the food lovers throughout the world. Drops of fresh lemon juice falling on sizzling pav bhaji, the perfect rectangular slice of butter swimming on the surface of thick dal makhani, shining bhaturas with choley garnished with finely chopped fresh coriander, all these Indian masterpieces are sure to make our mouth water by mere imagination. When I call these dishes ‘masterpieces’, it means Indian cooking is actually an art.
As they say, eating food is far easier than cooking food. Thanks to the electronic brands of India which have empathized with the hard work of Indian chefs(housewives) and created convenience in the form of kitchen appliances like microwave oven, dishwasher and food processor. A well built modern kitchen is, of course, incomplete without any of these.
What is a food processor?
A food processor is an electronic kitchen appliance which comprises of the main base motor and further detachable jars thereon to ease out the common kitchen activities like chopping, blending or kneading floor. Being the demand of every kitchen, they are manufactured in large varieties by a number of top brands of India. A food processor offers the following facilities:
- Blender Jar: When the child of the house is craving for a Kewenters shake, you can please him in five minutes by making a cold thick shake for him in this blender jar. It is usually a transparent, tall jar topped with a plastic lid which basically functions to prepare shakes, smoothies, cold coffees and things like watermelon slush for yourself with minimum efforts.
- Grinder: If you are little into Indian cooking, you would be knowing that the basic ‘masala’ for all the Indian gravies is more or less the same. We need to have very finely chopped onions and tomatoes for the same, which we further fry with spices to get the real flavours. Even if you are not cooking in large amounts, chopping onions and tomatoes and green chillies into minute pieces is a cumbersome task. So, to save your efforts and time, we get this grinder jar in the set of a food processor which is meant to accomplish this purpose of grinding these ingredients together to make a nice thick puree which is ready to fry straight away.
- Juicer: Though this attachment does not come along all the food processors, but it is a must-have in your kitchen if you have the house of fruit lovers or diet conscious people. This facility allows you to extract the fresh juice from fruits like oranges, carrots, apples, beetroot. It separates the pulp and fibres of the fruits, thereby extracting a glass of red, fresh fruit juice for you and your children. Now you can say bye-bye to the canned juice which contains preservatives.
- Chutney Jar: We know that our dining tables are not complete with just roti and sabzi. We need a basket of auxiliaries to enhance the deliciousness like pickles, papads and chutneys. And the women of the house being talented enough are accustomed to preparing these pickles and chutneys at home all by themselves. To save the time of contemporary women who have become multi-tasking in the aim of handling both work and home together, we have got this option of a small chutney jar to churn up the shining green mint leaves with fresh drops of lemon and green chillies to create an amazing taste enhancer mint sauce. Ladies, when the preparation gets so simple, why not start our own personal brands of pickles and chutneys! This jar is usually small in size, made up of stainless steel with sharp blades and silicon or plastic lid.
- Atta Kneader: This is usually a broad round jar in which you can put the dry flour powder and the required amount of water for germ-free and hands-free atta kneading in no time.
Buying the right food processor for your family may be a bit confusing task, so here we give you a list of top branded food processors with their details.
(Renewed) Philips Food Processor HL1661 700Watts with Chutney Jar
It is always said that when in confusion, go for black. This statement remains universally true for anything and everything, so why not try to apply it on kitchen appliances. The white base machine with black knob adds a rich look to our kitchen shelf. The appliance comes with four jars and a few blade attachments:
- Mixer/Blender Jar: This tall jar is made up of fine quality plastic which is transparent to provide you a clear look inside. The lid comes in black colour to match up with the combination of the base machine. I like the concept of continuing transparent plastic to form the handle of similar material. The jar holds the standard capacity of four normal glasses of your mango shake.
- Chutney/ Grinder Jar: The jars are easy to assemble and use. This small jar made up stainless steel has a black plastic lid tightly fit in for a safe and quick grinding of onions and tomatoes for a finger-licking gravy or a fresh green mint sauce to be served with sizzling paneer tikka. Capacity of jar is 1 litre.
- Juicer: This jar is to delight yourself with glasses of fresh fruit juice by extracting the juice of both hard and soft fruits like carrots, apples, oranges and beetroot.
The appliance further offers the following features:
- The motor is durable and powerful with 700W and the jars are leak-proof and easy to assemble. The base stays stable even while operating.
- It does not occupy a large part of your kitchen shelf and it is easy to store the appliance as it comes in a compact packing.
- All the jars of high-grade stainless steel and accessories are safe to be washed in a dishwasher.
- We get the option of 2-speed settings for more controlled and safer operations.
- We get an added advantage of superior choppers and PowerChop Technology for finer and faster chopping of vegetables like onions.
- The appliance comes with a 2 year worldwide guarantee.
About the brand:
Philips is a Public type of conglomerate corporation founded by Anton Philips with its headquarters in Amsterdam. The brand in renowned worldwide for distributing electronics, lighting and medical equipment.
Sujata Powermatic Plus + CH 900-Watt Juicer Mixer Grinder (White)
Nothing can compare to the grace of an all-white appliance shining on the shelf of your clean and tidy kitchen. The all-white motor is durable, made up with high-grade plastic. This product manufactured by Sujata offers you four operations:
- Blender jar: The tall blender jar, called mixie in the common language is made up of fine transparent plastic by which you can see through clearly. The jar is topped with a white silicone cum plastic lid with a central opening of similar transparent plastic to add ingredients like sugar conveniently. The jar is unbreakable.
- Grinder Jar: This smaller jar is made up of stainless steel and safeguarded with a white lid with an opening option in the centre of similar material as that of the blender jar. It has a white base to tightly fit over the motor. The capacity and blades of the jar is perfect for preparing the basic masala of Indian recipes.
- Chutney Jar: I find these small jars really cute. This mini jar for making chutney by Sujata comes with a high transparent lid of plastic and a handle of similar material. The main body is formed out of stainless steel. The high strength blades of stainless steel chop finer and faster.
- Juicer: Though the structure of the juicer occupies a bit more space but the quality of blending is unmatched. The assembling process appears to be tough but once you know the right way, it gets easy for you to fit in the attachments at the right place every time you are craving for a fresh cold glass of fruit juice. The juicer includes a honeycomb filter mesh to filter out the pulp and fibres and pour out a finer juice for you.
The appliance gives you following added advantages:
- Sujata gives you one year warranty on the appliance which includes powerful 900-watt motor and double ball bearings for efficient and trouble-free operations.
- We get the facility of 22000 rpm operation to retain the original flavour and aroma of the ingredients being grinded.
- Sujata grants you the benefit of a continuous 90 minutes running of the motor so it is suitable for longer use. The motor gets automatically turned off in case of overheating to ensure the user’s safety.
- The appliance does not consume many expenses on its maintenance once it is installed properly.
- The motor being weighed as 5 kilograms, is totally shock-proof and does not shake or vibrate much while under operation as compared to other similar appliances.
- We get to operate on three levels of speed- high, medium and low for efficiency and safety.
About the brand:
Sujata is a leading brand in the Indian market of kitchen appliances, specifically, food processors. The brand has expanded its consumer base in the pursuit of excellence by manufacturing products which are purely ‘Made in India’.
Usha Food Processor (2663) 600-Watt with 3 Jars (White)
The sleek look and perfect fittings by Usha attract the customers because of simultaneous quality at affordable prices. The base machine comes in two steps to fit in its detachable jars which is a unique way to flaunt your kitchen shelf with. The processor includes three jars or beakers and a fixed juicer on the lower step:
- Blender Jar: This sleek and tall mixie jar is made up of transparent plastic with a white base and white lid. The jar is suitable for shakes and smoothies and to end your evening cold coffee cravings in your house garden. The jar is created to fit on the upper step of the base motor.
- Juicer: This is a broad transparent jar fit on the lower step of the motor. The lid is also transparent with an outer spout to push in both hard and soft fruits to extract their fresh juice. The jar can also be converted into atta kneader by changing the inner attachments.
- Grinder: This facility comes in two sizes according to the amount and items to be grinded. Both of the jars are made up of stainless steels with white lids and sharp blades to chop even the hard items finely.
The appliance exhibits the following features:
- The appliance offers 10 attachments including fine and sharp steel blades for a better food processing experience.
- The juicer and the blender jar contains a fruit filter and both of them are unbreakable.
- We get an LED indicator for power and overload and a safety interlock switch to prevent any accidents.
- The motor is equipped with anti-skid feet to provide any movement while it is in operation. Also, the vibration is minimized and we get to hear a low 80-90 Db of noise level (similar to a lawn mower)
- The blades are hardened and sharp enough, coated with stainless steel to prepare for your dishes like a Masterchef.
About the brand: USHA is a company founded in 1834, which is part of the Siddharth Shriram Group group. The brand is known for its best selling home appliances, sewing machines, fans, power products, water cooler, water dispensers, modern farm equipment and auto components.
Inalsa Food Processor 1.4L Magic Pro-700 Watt with 2 Multipurpose Jar, Chopper, Atta Kneader& Egg Whisker(Black/Silver)
The shining black of this food processor will make the shelf of your kitchen look modern. We get two detachable jars and a chopper which can also be used as an atta kneader in this food processor set by Inalsa. We also get a processing bowl with easy grip.
- Blender Jar: This sleek mixie jar is made up of transparent plastic with a black soft-close lid that has a tight grip. The capacity of this smoothies and shakes jar is 1.8 litres. The jar has a grey base which compliments the shining black of the basic motor.
- Multi- purpose jar: This jar is smaller with a capacity of 400 ml. As the name suggests, the jar can be used to prepare fresh chutneys, ginger garlic paste or the onion and tomato puree for the gravy dishes. The jar is made of stainless steel with a black lid and sharp blades which finely chop even the hard vegetables.
- Processing Bowl: This bowl is made of a similar material as that of the blender jar. The bowl comes with a plastic handle which offers an easy grip to the user. The capacity of the bowl is considerable which can hold upto 1.4 litres. This bowl can be conveniently used for kneading the flour in a faster and more hygienic way. Another use of this bowl can be chopping the ingredients for your dishes to save time and efforts.
This food processor by Inalsa exhibits the following features:
- Inalsa offers a powerful 700 Watt motor with anti-skid feet to minimise any movement or vibration and ensure stability while in operation
- The grinding jar is totally stainless steel to prevent any reaction of the plastic material with citrus ingredients.
- We also get 3 segmented cutters for crisp homemade french fries by eased symmetric slicing of potatoes and shredding of other vegetables.
- The appliance is designed stylishly with a compact motor to occupy lesser shelf space.
- We get to choose from 2 speed options with pulse function for efficient operations while the jars are unbreakable and durable.
- The appliance comes with a two-year warranty by the manufacturer.
Bajaj MasterChef 3.0 600-Watt Food Processor with 3 Jars (White)
This food processor by Bajaj in all white colour will decorate your kitchen at an affordable price by simultaneously making it easier and faster for you to cook even an elaborated dinner menu. The appliance is designed in two steps to fit in the respective jars and processing bowl:
- Blender Jar: We can trust this jar for its quality of the material which is a transparent plastic with a white base to tightly fit on the motor for preparation of healthy shakes at home. The capacity of this liquidising jar is 1.5 litres.
- Dry grind jar: With a capacity of 1 litre, this jar is made up of stainless steel consisting of similar stainless steel blades for fine chopping, shredding, mincing, etc. The jar comes with a white plastic lid and a white plastic handle for easy handling.
- Chutney Jar: This is a small, cute jar with white lid. The capacity of the jar which is 0.4 litre is ideal for making ginger-garlic or green chilli pastes or fresh mint sauce or coriander chutney to be served with sizzling evening snacks.
- Processing Bowl: This wide bowl with a capacity of 1500 ml, has to be fit on the lower step of the base machine. This bowl can be used for a number of tasks including whisking of egg, kneading flour or extracting fresh juice from hard and soft fruits through centrifugal juicer attachments.
The appliance further offers the following features:
- The powerful 600 Watt machine is stable and durable with three speed control options and 18000 RPM motor. The speed can be regulated by a front knob according to the desired options.
- The blender jar is made up of polycarbonate material and high grade plastic while grinder and chutney jars are stainless steel, all of which are unbreakable and topped with leak-proof lids.
- We have an LED indicator on the knob to indicate the selected speed of operation and a motor overload protector.
- The appliance comes with
About the brand:
Bajaj Electricals was founded back in Kamalnayan Bajaj in 1938 with its headquarters in Mumbai. The famed products by the company include Home Appliances, Fans, Lighting & Engineering Products.
After knowing all that we should, about food processors, let us bring home convenience in the form of this appliance. We tend to avoid cooking elaborated recipes at home for they require huge time and effort. But let us choose one of the above mentioned appliances and make the preparations of big recipes easier and quicker. Happy cooking!