The toughest thing to replace in an Indian household is its ‘KAAMWALI BAI’. She can prove to be a major reason to regulate your wife’s mood. Someday, if the wife is getting irritated on small things and venting out her anger on the husband without any reason, the husband knows that their Kaamwali Bai has taken an unexpected leave!
But thanks to the top electronic brands of India who have finally found an easy replacement of the housemaids and their unexpected holidays! So here is a full buyer’s guide to the secret mantra “Happy wife- Happy home.”
|Best Product||Best in Budget||Best in Premium|
The following article explains the dishwashers as the modern-day housemaids who never ever take an off from the work and keep your wife tension-free. A list of a few top brands of dishwashers in India follows the article which has been created to ease your decision, after a due research and interviewing a few actual dishwasher users by our website.
A Dishwasher is basically a small cupboard shaped machine which facilitates washing of our used kitchen dishes automatically within a period of a definite washing cycle through inbuilt electric pump and water showers.
Gone are the days when dishwashers were considered a luxury and they were found in elite residences and hotels only. But now, busy workaholic culture of all the family members spare no time to mess with housemaids, hence, the demand for dishwashers is ever rising.
TYPES OF DISHWASHERS
1. THE COMPACT DISH DRAWERS
These are designed to fit in the drawer of your kitchen cabinets. They are compact and less expensive, basically designed for small kitchens. They maybe single drawer or double drawer dishwashers. They are rarely found in Indian kitchens.
2. BUILT-IN DISHWASHERS
These can either be fully integrated or semi-integrated. They are fitted and hidden within our lower kitchen cabinets, no separate unit is visible from outside the cabinet. The size usually varies from 45-60cm.
3. FREE STANDING DISHWASHERS
Unlike built-in dishwashers, they are separate, free standing units. They are too presentable to hide within the cabinet, with a standard size of 60cm. Their door opens like any another cabinet door and includes drag-in racks to set the dishes.
4. COUNTER-TOP OR PORTABLE DISHWASHERS
They are similar looking to microwave ovens, just like them, they can be placed on our kitchen shelves or table tops. They are portable but usually have lesser capacity as compared to free standing dishwashers.
(But in this segment, we are emphasizing on free-standing and built-in dishwashers as the rest of the two are very rarely found in India.)
WHY DO WE NEED A DISHWASHER?
- Sterilized, ready to use dishes (no wiping required)
- No more tensions about unexpected leaves of your housemaids
- Use breakable dishes without trouble of washing them carefully
- No more messy kitchens
- Removes stubborn oil and turmeric stains
Things to consider while buying a Dishwasher
1. BUDGET: Money is the first thing we consider before we make a decision to buy anything. Average cost of a good branded dishwasher is INR 30000 TO 35000. The range exceeds as the quality of brand increases. So, at the first step, we have to decide our affordability or budget. Replacing your ‘Kaamvali Bai’ comes at a cost! But I assure you that it is just a onetime investment, whose benefits you are going to cherish perhaps till next 10 years or more!
2. ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION: This is again an extended view to the first point. On an average, a dishwasher requires 200-240 V. Auto-stop feature is a must so that no electricity is consumed once the set washing cycle is over. Some of the latest models also have Auto-program features.
3. CAPACITY OF DISHWASHER IN PROPORTION TO THE FAMILY SIZE: It is Indian style of hospitality to make a huge number of dishes when you have invited someone to dine at your place. We settle at no less than a grand feast which probably includes an array of vegetables, rice, curd, followed by a variety of sweets.
In the irony to this fact, imagine if your housemaid takes a leave on the very next day of this banquet! So we need to choose the size of our dishwasher based on the amount of dishes we use regularly. Ideally, the standard size of a free standing dishwasher is fit for a nuclear family.
4. WATER SUPPLY: Standard water requirement of a dishwasher is from 20-25litres. Make sure that you install your dishwasher with a connection of uninterrupted water supply to ensure effective use.
5. ELECTRIC PUMP AND INNER BODY: The dishwasher must be safe and easy to use. The electric pump must be in a specific period of guarantee and the inner-body must be rust-free to ensure germs-free dishes.
6. AFTER SALES SERVICES: The customer care service is one of the most essential requirements. As the users are mostly females, a demo session after the installation is must. Also, the customer should be made aware about the free services along with the procedure of complaint redressal.
PRECAUTIONS WHILE USING A DISHWASHER (DOs & DON’Ts)
- Ensure uninterrupted water & electricity connection before switching on the cycle.
- Keep children away while it is working
- Use only the dishwasher friendly detergents
- You can watch YouTube tutorials for better understanding of direction to use
- Safe to keep breakable and steel utensils
- Ensure timely service
- Avoid keeping plastic and wooden dishes
- Avoid using it for pressure cookers
- Don’t open it immediately after the cycle ends (it is extremely steamy)
- Don’t overlap dishes. Set them in the manner directed.
- Avoid using dishwasher tablets (use salt + rinse + detergent)
TOP DISHWASHER IN INDIA (2019)
Variants – SMS66GI01I, SMS66GW01I, SMS40E32EU
Bosch offers a wide range of dishwashers in both categories of built in as well as free standing dishwashers. The range is divided into various series, namely – serie2, serie4, serie6 and serie8. Serie4 and 6 are more preferred due to their neutral price. Serie2, 4, 6 offers both sizes 45cm and 60cm but serie8 offers only 60cm wide dishwashers.
- Aqua Sensor(detects stains and reduces wastage of water)
- Warranty (10 years warranty against rusting of inner body)
- Eco Silence Drive (makes almost no sound while operating)
- Load Sensor (automatically detects the load and consumes less water in case of fewer dishes)
- Vario-flex basket system
- Auto Program (chooses the ideal cycle time)
- The product is amazing. All utensils come out Sparkle clean.
- Bosch ensures durable products. I have been using my dishwasher since last 15 years.
- Beautiful look of the product.
- It is a reliable brand with a long period of warranty.
- Utensils setting is bit complicated.
- Doesn’t work well for compact-mouthed vessels like tea maker or milk boiler.
- No demo or after-sales services provided.
BestInIndia Rating – 4.5 Stars
Variants – Neptune SX1 15, Neptune VX 12, Neptune WX 12
BEST SELLING PRODUCT OF IFB: Out of these, Neptune VX 12 is most trending and best selling, due to its following characteristics.
- Modular lower cutlery basket
- Flexible half load
- Steam drying
- 2 years manufacture warranty
- Height adjustable and removable rack
- 8 different wash programs (Economic, hygiene, normal, quick, etc.)
[Suitable for small-sized families]
User reviews : (Pros & Cons)
- User friendly and scratch-less washing. I gifted this to my 70 year old mother who learnt to operate this easily.
- Saves a lot of water as compared to washing dishes by hand.
- Breakage free washing of cutlery.
- Consumes a lot of liquid detergent. Uses a whole bottle for 10 washes only.
BestInIndia Rating – 4 Stars
Variants – FDW BI (8PR 14S) SI and (6PR 12S), FFSD (6PR 12S) and (8PR 14S), FSID 8PR 14S (New launch)
BEST SELLING PRODUCT OF FABER: FFSD 6PR 12S
- 3D wash & Intensive ‘kadhai’ mode mode (cleans heavy soiled utensils)
- 8 different wash programs and 14 place settings
- A+++ Energy saving mode
- Dual zone wash (select to wash either upper or lower basket at a time)
- Silent operations
- 2 years warranty
- Multi functional 3 layer cutlery basket
ü Suitable for medium-sized families.
ü Removable rack. (We can place tall utensils in the 2nd rack)
ü Can work with hard water of bore-well (contains water hardness adjustment)
ü Non-stick utensils like tawa can be cleaned.
û Detergents not easily available in local markets
û Less colour options available
û Unpleasant installation and customer care service
û Height of rack can’t be adjusted
OVERALL RATING BY US: ««« [3 Stars]
4. LG DISHWASHERS
· LG Dishwashers with True Steam: DFB424FP and DFB424FW
· LG Dishwasher with Smart Diagnosis: D1452CF and D1451WF
BEST SELLING PRODUCT OF LG: DFB424FW (True Steam)
· TrueSteam (less water spots and dried dishes)
· QuadWash (clean from every angle)
· EasyRack Plus (maximum flexibility)
· Inverter Direct Drive ( Quiet and efficient)
· SmartThinQ ( personalized settings)
PROS & CONS (BASED ON CUSTOMER REVIEWS):
ü 9 different wash programs (we can control cycle time, temperature, water consumption)
ü Easy to accommodate all kinds of dishes (convenient for housewives)
ü Presentable look of the product
û Less durable (complaints after 4-5 months)
û Poor after sales services (delayed complaint redressal)
û Heavily soiled utensils coming out dirty
OVERALL RATING BY US: ««© [2.5 Stars]
· WFC3C24 PF IN (Powerclean)
· WF033033 DLX IN (PowerClean Pro)
BEST SELLING PRODUCT OF WHIRLPOOL: WFC3C24 PF IN (Powerclean)
· Powerclean Pro technology (high pressure spray nozzles)
· Ultra quiet performance
· A++ Energy class
· 8 wash programs and 14 place settings
· 8 foldable lower racks and 4 foldable upper racks
· 2 years warranty
PROS & CONS (BASED ON CUSTOMER REVIEWS):
ü Foldable racks ensure placing of all sizes of utensils
ü Makes lesser noise as compared to other products
ü Installation guide is easy to read and helpful
ü Interior size is excellent
ü Control panel is easy to understand with minimum buttons
û No installation or demo service provided by the company
û Better brands are available at the same price
û Extremely poor customer care service. Toll free numbers don’t get answered.
û Process of replacement is troublesome in case you receive damaged or defected product
OVERALL RATING BY US: ««© [2.5 Stars]
So here it is all set for a smiling adieu to all housemaids and their excuses. Carefully study your requirement and budget before choosing your modern maid. Let us know any queries in our comments section. So now, Happy feasting and Happy Cleaning!